Microsoft Money and 'Passport'

Peter Lanky 15:32 04 Jan 2008

Since returning from holiday today (since 14th Dec), I have not been able to access my Microsoft Money 2004 using my 'passport'. I have tried reinstalling Money, using Money on a different PC, using a different 'passport' and using a backup from 3 weeks ago, but to no avail. Has anyone experienced this problem and is there a solution?

Pine Man 16:01 04 Jan 2008

Do you mean password? If not, could you explain passport please as I have been using various versions of Money for the last 8 years without the need for a passport, or am I missing something?

Peter Lanky 16:13 04 Jan 2008

There are 2 ways of logging into Money. Simply using a password gives access to a limited range of facilities, whereas using an MSN 'passport' (now called Windows Live ID) allows full interaction with certain banks, for example Nationwide, and will automatically download transactions to Money.

Pine Man 16:21 04 Jan 2008

Does this help- When you try to sign in to Passport, you may receive an error message similar to ‘Money is unable to verify your Online sign in. Money will now try to log you in using Work Offline sign in. Some online features such as background banking will be unavailable, possibly because of network problems. To use these features, please close Money and try to sign in again later’. You receive this message although you have configured Money to sign in to Passport. This issue can occur when you set the Privacy setting in Internet Explorer to High or Block All Cookies. To resolve this issue, make sure that you are connected to the Internet. If that does not resolve the issue, please see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 317638 (click here).

Peter Lanky 16:45 04 Jan 2008

I've never seen that message. The one I get is: "The sign-in attempt for (passport ID) was unsuccessful. Please try your sign-in name and password again." which of course, doesn't work.

I can use money with a normal password, but I've got used to the interaction with my bank, especially the automatic reconciliation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?