Microsoft Money 2004 and Windows 10

redbarron 12:18 08 Aug 2015

Microsoft Money which I have been using for years has now stopped working in Windows 10. It keeps asking me to install Internet Explorer 6.

I have seen one or two online reg fixes for this, but so far they haven't worked for me. Can anyone offer any help/fix for this please as I don't really want to lose this software. Thank you

MickHumphreys 16:14 09 Aug 2015

I get the same problem an would very much like to know the solution also. I am using the UK version of Money 2004

Mick Humphreys

Jollyjohn 16:27 09 Aug 2015

I have updated to this versionclick here It takes a little getting used to but works.

MickHumphreys 16:43 09 Aug 2015

Thanks. The trouble is that this link is for the US version not the UK version. I won't install as there is some DLL missing. Any other ideas please?

redbarron 16:46 09 Aug 2015

I also downloaded this version of Money but cannot work out how to import my old Money 2004 files across to USMoney Deluxe Sunset.

iscanut 17:14 09 Aug 2015

Are you sure you followed the regedit fix properly as it worked for me and a few others ?

gel 18:16 09 Aug 2015

I have Money 2002 and have used it since then. I hate to think what would happen if I even think about Windows 10 I have windows 7 and I understand it will be fully supported till 13 January 2016 and then partially supported for another 5 years so I guess I will stay with the present set up I do have a lap top with XP Windows installed Those were the days.

MickHumphreys 12:56 10 Aug 2015

I have applied the regedit. This enabled me to open Money 2004 in Windows 10, but I cannot access my Money data files nor restore then from the Backup. The system tries to convert it to some unknown Money updated programme, with a strange suffix .MB12", not the usual".mny". It then can't read it. Any ideas please?

gel 14:53 10 Aug 2015

Over the years I have had many problems with Microsoft Money 2002 basically with the the back up system. Since 2008 I have adopted the following procedure. I do not use the 'Money back up' but with the Money 2002 installed on my desk top and laptop top I use a memory stick with the money data transferred to it using a little programme 'Allway sync' This transfers all my documents, including money , between the 2 computers and ensures I have complete backups. I now have Money data going back to 2008 and it has never failed. So I would be reluctant to move to Windows 10. I asked our 12 year old grandson to research Windows 10 3 months ago and his reply was'wait and see ' Give it 6 months and look again . Wise heads on young shoulders.

Zaliwa 21:40 10 Aug 2015

I'm having the same issue with MS Money 2004, that it "requires" IE 6 to be reinstalled. Funny thing is, that when running Win7, I had IE 10 or 11 and Money ran fine, didn't need IE 6. Microsoft screwed the pooch on not revising Money. I can't use the Sunset version as 1. I live in Canada, not the US; and 2. I need to be able to download my transactions from my banks online. Sunset doesn't connect to online.

Unless someone comes up with a good fix (MS?????), I'm in the same boat. Perhaps MS just wants us to capsize. :-/

Zaliwa 22:27 10 Aug 2015

Try this link:

click here far, MS Money 2004 is working with this fix.

So

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017