Microsoft Lifecam on Skype

bazza11 18:09 12 Jan 2010

I have recently bought a Microsoft Lifecam Cinema and am very pleased with it, except for one thing. When I start up Skype the built-in microphone works fine but there is no VIDEO CALL icon on Skype, and when someone calls me they don't see me. To make a video call I need to unplug the Lifecam and plug it in again to a USB socket. It then works until I restart my computer and then I have to do it all again. My previous kit, a separate Logitech webcam and microphone with my computer speakers, worked without a problem. I have tried re-installing the webcam and Skype software, and even uninstalling completely the webcam software and running without it, all to no avail. Any ideas please? Thanks.

Pineman100 18:24 12 Jan 2010

What's your operating system?

I tried an MS Lifecam when I was running XP, and I could never get it to operate satisfactorily.

I ended up taking it back to the retailer and swapping it for a Logitech product - no problems thereafter.

bazza11 18:38 12 Jan 2010

I am running Vista Home Premium. I phoned Microsoft today and they blamed the Skype software but I have re-installed this, to no effect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017