Microsoft Internet Explorer - browser/security

PC_HelpMe 14:06 12 Jul 2008

Hi,

For some reason, whenever I now open a new web page in Microsoft Internet Explorer, (which is the only browser I use) a window pops up EVERY TIME saying "Check browser and security settings". I have to click on the "OK" tab to get rid of this pop up window, but sometimes it appears about 4 or 5 times. I cannot do anything on the page I have brought up until I click on this box to disappear.

What do I need to check on my computer to get rid of this (it does it on each user on the computer).

I use Windows XP Home Edition.

mfletch 14:20 12 Jul 2008

Hi,

Open Internet explorer click on tools>Internet options>security

And click on reset all zones to default level {apply}

mfletch

PC_HelpMe 10:54 13 Jul 2008

Thanks mfletch - I have done this on both "user settings" - but the message still comes up. Our Bullguard security runs out in about 30 days - could it be some sort of warning to us about this (even though the warning is coming from Microsoft Internet Explorer, rather than Bullguard itself)????

mfletch 13:11 13 Jul 2008

Open Internet explorer click on tools>Internet options>security

Have you tried it set to high to see if it stops the messages

Plus have you ran any antimalware programs to check for any nasties

Try Malwarebytes antimalware

click here

PC_HelpMe 10:46 22 Jul 2008

Thanks for your replies. I tried all your suggestions but the message STILL comes up. I have therefore installed Firefox and have been using this as my browser since - and the message does not come up AT ALL. I wonder whether it is something to do with the fact that Microsoft are trying to get me to convert from IE6 to IE7 (which I won't do as when I did try it, my husband's settings went weird and he couldn't access the flash player amongst lots of other stuff). There is a constant icon on the taskbar at the bottom of my computer saying that updates are available - but it is only IE7 and I am not putting it on again.

Thanks again everyone for your time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Photo Editing Apps for iPad

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comparatif : quelle est la meilleure batterie externe 2017 ?