Microsoft Hallmark Greetings 99

johnanthony 10:40 04 Sep 2010

We have a problem getting this programme to run properly. It opens to the front page and then when we click on any of the projects we get an error message "Sorry you cant continue, something is missing" It then tells us to close running progs, restart computer and run Microsoft Greetings Setup again.
We have done this a couple of times with no success.
Any ideas? Is it a compatibility problem.
Thanks

northumbria61 11:13 04 Sep 2010

Did you install from a CD or was it a download?
It appears it hasn't fully installed properly and that a file is missing. The program should be listed in your "add/remove" programs in Control Panel - if you can select it it may give you a "repair" option but not all programs do.

johnanthony 11:26 04 Sep 2010

Hi northumbria61. We had it installed but it didn't work so I uninstalled using Revo and then reinstalled from the CD.
I'll try the repair
Thanks

northumbria61 13:00 04 Sep 2010

What Operating System do you have? Is the disc you are installing from part of MS Works ?

northumbria61 13:01 04 Sep 2010

Should have said - is Hallmark Greetings on an MS Works disc or is it standalone?

johnanthony 17:34 04 Sep 2010

We are using XP SP3 and the disc is stand alone not part of MS works

northumbria61 22:19 04 Sep 2010

You could try and see if it will run in compatibilty mode (right click on program icon and choose troubleshoot compatibility) OR right click and run as administrator.

northumbria61 22:26 04 Sep 2010

You could also try giving the disc a good clean - this sometimes does make a difference.

johnanthony 13:51 06 Sep 2010

The disc says it is for windows 95 or 98.

The compatibility settings don't work, is there a workaround that anyone knows please.

Woolwell 14:30 06 Sep 2010

I'm sorry but I don't know how to get it work. It is over 10 years old and not designed for XP. If you are trying to create greeting cards then it is worthwhile looking at free software eg Serif click here that will run on XP (there are others too and a Google search will find them).

northumbria61 15:20 06 Sep 2010

This is what you need - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?