Microsoft Greetings 2002

exdragon 11:22 07 Nov 2005

Hi - I had this working on my old pc and have reinstalled it on the new one. It opens, all the templates are available for selection but when I click on one, the whole programme just vanishes.

It was fine on the previous pc and I have the same XP operating system. I've done the usual uninstall, reboot, reload routine but still no joy.

I can't find anywhere for tech support and as it's a bit ancient, I don't suppose there will be much around, so does anyone out there have any ideas, please? It's such a dead easy, never fail programme to use - when it works!

exdragon 11:27 07 Nov 2005

I've just tried to open a previously prepared card and got the message:

Runtime error: C\Program files...\PIP.exe. This application has requested Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Contact the application's support...

Splork 11:32 07 Nov 2005

You may need to try Compatibility mode - this link talks about games but the principle is the same click here

exdragon 11:32 07 Nov 2005

Typical, isn't it? I found patch to download which fixed the problem

chepwell 22:17 21 Nov 2005

Hi exmpdragon, I too have the same problem, will you please advise me on which "patch" to obtain.

exdragon 22:28 21 Nov 2005

Sorry for the delay - I didn't get an email saying there was another response.

The link won't work as a 'click here' for some reason, but if you put Download pip.exe' into google, then pick the option which says 'Pip2002: error message when you start program', you end up on a Microsoft support page. The bit to download is down a page, under the heading Resolution.

If you have a problem, email me and I'll send you the file

exdragon 22:33 21 Nov 2005

I've lost the plot - 'delay' when my reply was 10 mins after your request? I'd forgotten it was still the 21st Nov...

Put it down to advancing age, please!

chepwell 20:58 22 Nov 2005

Success! Thank you very much for your help - after me spending hours trying to sort it!

exdragon 21:06 22 Nov 2005

Don't you just love it when it works!! You've just doubled my success rate as a helper in this forum - from 1 to 2 people!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache