Microsoft Flight simulator X uninstall

Cesare 07:25 24 Oct 2006

My FSX Demo cannot uninstall from the ADD/Remove.Is there any other way I can uninstall it please ?

wotbus@ 08:23 24 Oct 2006

Yes. Go to:
My PC >> Your drive [C]? >> Program Files >> Microsoft Games >> Microsoft FSX Demo = just right click and delete the folder. Then:
My PC >> Your drive [c]? >> Docs and Settings >> User name [you] >> Application Data >> Microsoft >> FSX Demo = then right click and delete the folder.
That should do it.

Graham. 08:24 24 Oct 2006

Is there an uninstall option in All Programs list?

wotbus@ 08:24 24 Oct 2006

PS: If it still show up in Add/Remove list afterwards just delete the entry.

Cesare 08:43 24 Oct 2006

wotbus... OK I deleted what you said.
Graham...There was no uninstall option in the All Programs list. I am trying to re-install this Demo which I had months ago and was not working well, so I tried to uninstall it and half way thru the ADD/Remove it stops. The new demo keeps telling me that it cannot install before the previous old demo is uninstalled. Now I will retry. Thanks.

Cesare 09:05 24 Oct 2006

No luck ! FSX says that I still have the previous demo and wont instal before I un-install the old one.
Wotbus... How do I delete the entry in the Add/Remove listplease ? Right clicking does not do it.

Cesare 09:06 24 Oct 2006

I tried using cCleaner and also Registry Mechanic but still no dice.

Technotiger 09:53 24 Oct 2006

If you have Tweak UI (In Powertoys for Win XP) I think there is an option to remove entries from the Add/Remove list.

Hawy 10:03 24 Oct 2006

Is it listed in CCleaner > Tools > Uninstall ?

wotbus@ 11:55 24 Oct 2006

Sorry Cesare, I was busy.
Try this click here
I haven't used it myself but it should help.

wotbus@ 12:02 24 Oct 2006

Did you try the "Check for Registy errors" side of CCLeaner?
Try here click here but it's a bit heavy and you must be careful. Backup or create a restore point before you attempt anything ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone