Microsoft Fax Console

Ronyap 19:20 18 Aug 2006

Hi,

I have got Microsoft Fax console. I was wondering if I can use it to receive Faxes without a Fax machine? I mean just receive faxes in text, to look at on the computer, without having to print it out? I dont have a Fax machine right now so ... is it possible? I have tried setting it up, and I have tried receiving faxes, but it says something like,

'Attempt to Receive Fax failed'. I have configured it but it doesnt work :(.

Any help Appreciated ^^.

pj123 19:27 18 Aug 2006

Do you have an Analogue Modem installed and connected to your phone line???

Ronyap 20:35 18 Aug 2006

Yes, I do have an Analogue Modem. But, I am trying to use Fax Console on a different computer which is connected to the host computer through a wireless router. Also the modem is connected to the Host. And, no its not connected to the phone line, and Ive got broadband.

Jackcoms 20:44 18 Aug 2006

You cannot send or receive faxes via BB.

You must have an analogue (dial-up) modem.

ArrGee 23:36 18 Aug 2006

If you want to spend a bit of cash (about £7.50 a month), here is where you can get BB fax
click here

ArrGee 23:39 18 Aug 2006
  Longhouse 08:00 19 Aug 2006

Why not sign up for e-fax free sevice

click here

This allows you to recieve faxes (but not send - you have to pay for that) through e-mail and works with broadband. It has the added advantage that you can pick up you faxes anywhere without having to have the machine on and permemantly on-line. I've been using it for around 6 years.

Ronyap 21:23 19 Aug 2006

Ok thanks alot :D. Um, Longhouse, can you tell me please, how much it costs per page for a fax to be sent from the sender within UK? (I live in the UK too). Also, my fax number begins with 44-87....

Longhouse 13:03 20 Aug 2006

Afraid I can't answer the question about cost as I still use an old thermal fax for sending (connected through an ADSL filter). If you are asking how much would someone be charged for sending to you, I unbderstand it is charged at the national rate (i.e same as for 0870... numbers).

However, the links

click here

click here

detail the charges levied for the e-fax services as they would be charged to you, which look to be the same or similar charges levied by the alternative proposed by ArrGee

Ronyap 14:05 20 Aug 2006

Ok, Thanks :D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017