Microsoft Autoplay Wizard

heavymetalkid 22:56 08 Feb 2006

I recently posted a thread about cds not playing automatically. I had a response from Alhambo,he told me to download the Microsoft Autoplay Wizard and this solved the problem.
I thought I'd send this great attachment to a friend, but, every time I send it,my Outlook Express freezes and I get an error message and I can't send or receive any messages. I have to rebuild my e-mail system with passwords etc before Outlook Epress wikll work. Can anyone help?

quack 23:04 08 Feb 2006

I assume Microsoft Autoplay Wizard is an exe. file. If it is you will have to zip the file before most ISPs will allow it to be sent. You can do this by using Winzip or a similar prog. If you decide to use Winzip, which can be downloaded free for an evaluation version, all you need do do is right click the file and choose 'Zip & E-mail'. Failing that why not just tell your friend of the programme and let him download it from Microsoft?

rupie 23:07 08 Feb 2006

quite often microsoft related updates do not download all the info to your computer, only links to where things are at microsoft. try telling your friend about the link and so they go directly there themselves, and not via you.

VoG II 23:10 08 Feb 2006
  heavymetalkid 23:13 08 Feb 2006

Greetings Quack, I could have sent the address, but I didn't realise I had to. Thanks pal, can you confirm it's an exe file and this is why it froze my e-mails?

heavymetalkid 23:16 08 Feb 2006

Greetings rupie, didn't know about your info, sent e-mail direct. Could this have been why I had to re-insert my e-mail settings?

quack 18:13 11 Feb 2006

heavymetalkid.
It is definitely an exe. file

heavymetalkid 21:19 11 Feb 2006

Greetings Quack...appreciate your help. Andy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone