Microsoft Antspyware Beta 1

mick 47 21:06 27 Feb 2005

Dear Colleagues

I recntly downloaded this software and then updated it on the Internet. I now find Spybot and Adaware SE will not run and the whole system has become unstable. Has anyone else expierienced this - or should I just get rid of it. I am now worried that it has done some damage to my computer. Any advice would be appreciated.

Mick Cowan

dogbreath1 21:13 27 Feb 2005

I currently have Spybot S & D, Ad-Aware SE and Microsoft Antispyware Beta all loaded on my p.c. (and use them regularly). I also know of many others who are in this position and with no problems. There is no reason whatsoever for the programs to clash under normal circumstances. If you have a problem I'd suggest that another factor is involved that you may not be aware of. The only one of the above which is a running item is the MS application. The other two are ad hoc scanners. Maybe someone else will come up with a useful suggestion, but my initial reaction is that we are missing a vital piece of the jigsaw.

polish 21:24 27 Feb 2005

sorry i cant offer any good advice but maybe a uninstall and reinstall might cure the problem i have no problems running this program i also use spybot search and distroy and spyware blaster

mick 47 22:32 27 Feb 2005

Thank you both for your replies. I have removed it and all is running fine. I think I will stick with the trusted ADWARE,SPYBOT and SPYWARE BLASTER

Many thanks

Mick Cowan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie