Microsoft Antispyware update problems

Pine Man 12:21 17 Jul 2005

I have recently installed Microsoft Antispyware and before using it downloaded the updates and did a scan. All appears clean which is confirmed by Spybot.

On a few occasions I have checked for updates and each time I am told that Spyware definitions 5735 have been downloaded and installed. Does this mean that the definitions have NOT been installed if they are downloaded every time I check?

rawprawn 12:31 17 Jul 2005

No it's a glitch in the software, don't worry about it you will see it change at the next set of updates.

spuds 12:45 17 Jul 2005

It's a beta bug, ignore it.

Major Disaster 14:03 17 Jul 2005

I know this post is resolved but i just want to add that i have also seen this porblem, every time i check for an update it always says that it is upgrading from 5727 to whatever is the newest. But it does show definitions 5735 installed, so this is just a bug not to be worried about? (sorry i seem to be hijacking your post Pine Man)

spuds 14:09 17 Jul 2005

Major Disaster-- Yes, just a beta bug in the software. Microsoft may soon produce a fix/patch.

Major Disaster 14:14 17 Jul 2005

Thanks, what a coincidence (if thats how you spell it) someone has just posted a fix on this forum... ill send i link next post

Major Disaster 14:14 17 Jul 2005

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?