Microsoft AntiSpyware

carper 16:06 17 Feb 2005

I have just downloaded Microsoft Antispyware program including the update which it suggests and have then tried to run a scan. The scan ran about 1700 items, found a spyware "tiny browser and then stopped.
The same thing happened three times and refused to respond to any closure. The only way I could get out was to switch the power off. I am running I am running the usual antispyware, Adaware Spybot, Blaster, AVG, Sygate firewall. Should any of these be turned off. Anyone had a similar experience.
Regards Carper

JaßîsFaß ˜ 16:10 17 Feb 2005

You should not need to turn off any of the other programs you have, and MS Antispyware is a 'Beta' version. I would report your findings to MS so they can investigate the problem.

plsndrs3 16:13 17 Feb 2005

I downloaded this yesterday. I had a bit of trouble authenticating my WinXP after a reformat, but other than that no problems. Downloaded update & did a scan ok [found nothing] Isn't Spybot a 'real time' protection device? If so, it might interfere with the MS equivalent.

HTH

Paul

JaßîsFaß ˜ 16:13 17 Feb 2005
  plsndrs3 16:14 17 Feb 2005

Sorry, 'spybot' = blaster

dazza39 16:20 17 Feb 2005

I downloaded this as well,no problems found a good program,and it authenticated my version of Windows ok.I don't use any other Spyware.

sunny staines 17:57 17 Feb 2005

I have the first three anti spyware programs you mention & microsoft antispyware with no problems so you can eliminate them from the cause

carper 10:45 18 Feb 2005

Thanks for your interest, I have forwarded a message to Micxrosoft and will advise of any outcome. Regards Carper

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review

How to draw a mandala

iPhone X review

Les meilleures enceintes Bluetooth à moins de 150 euros