Microsoft ActiveSynch

Brian 17:46 08 Mar 2004

My Inbox in Outlook should synchronise. Even if there are no messages in either Inbox I get a message "1 unresolved item". I have tried changing the Option settings without any success. Can anybody help, please?

Brian the Sanil

oeufbum 18:01 08 Mar 2004

Have you tried setting the configuration to 'synchronise from PC to PDA' only. There may be a message or more than likely some sort of attachment on the PDA that Active Sync cannot recognise and therefore will throw it back as unresolved.
Alternatively, you could try just deleting everything from your inbox on the PDA and re-synchronising (make sure you have adjusted to the above settings, i.e. PC to PDA only - otherwise you'll delete the synched emails on your PC!).
I had all sorts of problems with Active Sync some time back, most if not all seemed to occur when I had the 'two way' set up activated.
Let us know how you get on!
Alex

Brian 17:33 09 Mar 2004

With both the inboxes in the PC and the PDA empty the "unresolved item" message appears.
Brian the snail

oeufbum 17:08 10 Mar 2004

Brian
When you synchronise, You should get the MS Active Sync dialogue box appear. The top half tells you the connection status, the lower box shows a list of all programs under the heading of 'information type' that you are synching between the PC and PDA . What is listed here? Is there anything listed called "files"? There may be something in here (any program can be put in this folder through the settings page) that either the PC or the PDA cannot sync. The other option maybe to delete Active Sync on the PC through add/delete in control panel and then do a new install.

Brian 20:05 10 Mar 2004

Everything apart from Inbox synchronises OK including Files. I will try a new install.
On my laptop when I synchronise the Add/Remove window appears. This has been since I added a new program. Any idea how I can stop this happening?
Brian the snail

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?