Microsoft acknowledges problems Windows patches Aug Automatic Update

lotvic 15:10 15 Aug 2013
Answered

If you are having Windows problems, this may explain why.

Microsoft acknowledges problems with 6 Windows patches in Aug 2013 Automatic Update. ClickHere

lotvic 22:41 15 Aug 2013
Answer

^

Mr Mistoffelees 09:11 16 Aug 2013

Some problems were reported by TES V Skyrim players, on the official forum, although I seem to be unaffected.

Secret-Squirrel 09:42 16 Aug 2013

Hi Lotvic

"If you are having Windows problems, this may explain why."

I doubt very much that there are many Exchange Server or Active Directory users on this forum so that list of problem updates isn't as scary as it looks. The PCA Business Tech forum would be a better place to make folks aware of those problems.

KB 2859537 on the other hand is being offered to home users but it only seems to be affecting a couple of games.

Autobahns 10:56 16 Aug 2013

I've had problems with (as I found out eventually) with 'KB 2859537' - Black screen on boot along with an occasional flickering task-bar & slow boots though all these problems were intermittent - I'm not a gamer & having trawled through the net I'm not alone. Removing the update has sorted the problems. The update is no longer ticked as default in the list of updates when I updated my daughters win 7 PC last night.

Secret-Squirrel 11:15 16 Aug 2013

" The update is no longer ticked as default in the list of updates when I updated my daughters win 7 PC last night."

That's odd as I updated a Windows 7 machine last night at 23:00 and KB 2859537 was ticked and it installed without any problems.

Autobahns 22:44 16 Aug 2013

Secret-Squirrel - Have a look again.

Autobahns 22:45 16 Aug 2013

And no I'm not a spammer.

lotvic 00:15 17 Aug 2013

Secret-Squirrel, on the link I posted, KB 2859537 is on the list and says about the games it affects and other problems that some users have reported.

So as far as I am concerned this Thread is in the correct forum.

rdave13 00:47 17 Aug 2013

lotvic , started a thread about WMP not listed in default, could be my fiddling with another player, so I don't really know what's going on. If you can do me a favour, in Win 7, check if Windows Media Player is showing in the list under DEFAULT.., set your default ... etc.

Many thanks.

Secret-Squirrel 09:52 17 Aug 2013

"Secret-Squirrel - Have a look again."

Certainly - but you'll need to tell me where to look and what to look for ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires