Microsoft Access advice please

SHAMMY DAB 20:22 17 Aug 2007

Hi there.

I'm a self confessed lurker who has used this site for 6 years and gained a lot from others who have posted their help, tips and suggestions. Thanks to all of you in making this site what it is.

My first posting has been prompted by a yearning for learning.

For many years I've used excel at work and home for producing all types of stats spreadsheets to fantasy football tables.

I've never used access however and don't know how to begin. I'd like to use it however to expand my knowledge. i feel i'm missing out by not knowing how to use it

Can anyone recommend a good book or website that will introduce me to the rudimentaries. (i have access 2002).

thank you.

VoG II 20:33 17 Aug 2007

Googled click here

I have no idea how good this is as I don't use Access except to use databases that others have created.

SHAMMY DAB 20:43 17 Aug 2007

you've helped me inadvertently on numerous occasions in the past.

this site looks certainly looks useful. i'll leave my post as unresolved just in case anyone else has any suggestions

thank you

Woolwell 21:40 17 Aug 2007

Suggest you start here:
click here

I learnt by trial and error and help from some experts. Be prepared to take some time building forms and reports.

Peter J 21:43 17 Aug 2007

try this one as well..
click here click here

Peter J 21:48 17 Aug 2007

the link below is to the index menu from my above link...rather than half way through the tutorial :)
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone