Microphone

Ade_1 18:31 23 Oct 2005

My microphone is not picking up my voice, i have 3 microphones 2 of which are not being picked up but 1 which is - it is integrated into a webcam. I have tested the microphones on another machine and they sound fine (laptop). Apart form the webcam whihc sounds as if its got a constant low blowing wind in the background. I have integrated sound card - SigmaTel Audio. The headset is working just fine so is the speakers. It is audio part so if my microphones are workign ok on the laptop (apart from the webcam which has always been a bit strange) then i am assuming that its my integrated sound card... - i have a Dell Dimension 5100 only had it about 3/4 weeks. Can anyone suggest anything please. I use my microphones alot aswell due to online gaming :(

Ade_1 18:33 23 Oct 2005

my sound and audio has something to do with SigmalTel also as it tells me in everest -
Audio Adapter Intel 82801GB ICH7 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-1] but my audio definately uses SigmaTel

CMC 42 18:34 23 Oct 2005

Don't know whether you've tried this - double click the volume icon on the quick launch bar click options - advanced controls.

One of the volume bars is for the microphone and has a mute check box at the bottom.

Make sure this is unchecked - I had a problem with a microphone once and that was what was causing the problem.

Ade_1 18:37 23 Oct 2005

Its to its max, i have restarted my computer a number of times already... Thanks for the help anyway

CMC 42 18:42 23 Oct 2005

I cant see why it would be the sound card - the only other thing I can think of is that the microphone slot is giving a loose connection.

It seems odd if the microphone is working on your other computer.

Ade_1 18:43 23 Oct 2005

is there anyway i can sort it if the microphone slot is loose> (i have 2 slots one on front one on back) both not working... i think only reason the webcam one is working is because its a USB webcam...

Ade_1 18:49 23 Oct 2005

nd i try another microphone and onyl way that is pickign me up is because its in my throat, and my webcam microphone isnt being picked up either now!! be back soon off for t

CMC 42 18:54 23 Oct 2005

Have a look at click here

postie 19:13 23 Oct 2005

I know it sounds stupid and I know very little about computers but could you webcam mike be picking up the sound from your fan in the computer just a thought
postie

Ade_1 19:24 23 Oct 2005

I think i have found my problem - when i go to the Volume control and then go to properties, in the playback section there shoudl be a list of things, as on the link CMC 42 posted and on the laptop and in that list microphone should be there but on mine microphone isnt in there, its only on recording... anyway of changing this??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?