Micro$oft A pain

blazingbadger 09:03 08 Jul 2009

I don't know if it is me but for some reason Micro$oft seem to be splitting their updates This up date seems to coming up every 15 minutes

Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430)

Installation date: ?08/?07/?2009 09:00

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified in Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed.

More information:
click here

Help and Support:
click here
and as i look it is there again has any one encountered this

blazingbadger 11:37 08 Jul 2009

The same download is now asking every 30 seconds I have run a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan and Avast Anti virus and nothing has shown I have tried a reboot but it still shows the install flag I am now mighty peeved off and sick

mooly 11:45 08 Jul 2009

That KB number sounded familiar,
click here

mooly 11:47 08 Jul 2009

Look through all your update history and see if this is already installed.

blazingbadger 12:15 08 Jul 2009

I have just done a system restore back a couple of days and BINGO It has stopped asking I think like you I downloaded a program that was the trigger and going back have got rid

cocteau48 12:35 08 Jul 2009

blazingbadger

Check the Microsoft update site and run a "custom" install rather than the "express" option.

If KB954430 appears on the list - expand the item description and you should find a small check box at the end of the description - "do not show this item again"
Checking this will stop it appearing in future updates and stop you downloading it by mistake.

It can always be unchecked if necessary.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017