Micronet SP3367 Problems - network novice

Scarpo 22:01 10 Mar 2008

I have just set up a Micronet SP3367 router and eventually (after referring to another thread on this forum) managed to set it up so that I can access the internet through it from the PC connected to via cable. I'm having to problems though:

1. I have several user accounts set up on my PC. When I login I can access the internet but when others login they can't - the PC still is looking for the old modem.

2. I can't access the router wirelessly from either anotehr PC in the house (I have fitted a wifi card that works as I can pick up my neighbours signal) or from my laptop (which I know works as I use it a lot when away from home). The WLAN light on the front of the router flashes but the manual doesn't mention what flashing means.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Scarpo.

ambra4 03:19 12 Mar 2008

Take a read on this posting and make sure that the set up for the lan card and network is set up correct which will allow all users access to the Internet via the hard wire connection

click here

Check that the wireless card is Enable/Disable from inside the Network Connection Area

Start-Setting-Network Connection-Right click-Wireless Area Connection-Enable or Disable as required

Some times you have to Disable and Enable before the card will connect to the wireless system

Check out these sites before you set-up the wireless system could save you a lot of time and headache.

click here

click here

Ashrich 20:07 12 Mar 2008

Log back in to the router , it sounds like either the SSID is set to not be broadcast , so it won't show up when you scan for it , or wireless isn't enabled in it , in which case turn it on ( some are turned off by default ) . When that is done , sort yourself out some decent wireless security , preferably WPA encryption , this is done through the router set up pages as well .

Ashley

Scarpo 20:37 12 Mar 2008

Thanks. Both the above now resolved. The first one I'm not sure what did it, but I got there. The second one was the SSID not set to broadcast.

I now have the next problem; The other PC can see the wireless network and shows 5 bars, so signal strength doesn't appear to be an issue. When I try to connect, however, it won't do it. I click on connect and it goes through the motions of tryig to and after about a minute it just stops.

Any ideas?

Tech Guy 20:44 12 Mar 2008

Double check pre shared key is correct and the router and pc are using same encryption (eg wpa).

Ashrich 22:03 12 Mar 2008

What is the specification and operating system of the other PC ?

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?