BREEN 11:19 19 Feb 2006

I have an interest in geniology is there a way of getting a micrfishe onto your computer without using a reader.Can you use a scanner


  Border View 12:21 19 Feb 2006

Will watch this one - think its an excellent idea.

When you think about it you should be able to if you have a scanner which reads photograph negatives. Will wait to see what the experts say.

  GANDALF <|:-)> 12:24 19 Feb 2006

Yes, but cheap it is not. click here

  €dstowe 12:29 19 Feb 2006

I'm a bit doubtful that the resolution of a scanner (even a dedicated 35mm film type) would be high enough to do this.

An idea (if you're prepared to spend money) is to use a low power microscope (from eBay) in conjunction with a Bresser PC MicrOcular II VGA click here and scroll down nearly to the bottom of the page.

  wobbly76 13:42 19 Feb 2006

You might try one of the suppliers advertising in Family History mags. as gandalf says, they're not cheap, I use a hand held reader ( about £30 ) otherwise I go to the library and get a printout if I need.
Any genealogy supplier should be able to put you on to something.
Let us know what you find.


This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?