Micro SD card (transflash)

kevinjuan 13:14 11 Dec 2006

AMD athlon xp 3000+, Win XP, 1Gb Ram, 160 Gb HDD.
I accept that this might not be a PC problem, but would appreciate any advice you can give.

I have a Motorola V3i and have been using it to transfer files between computers at home and at work( as well as using it as a phone, MP3 player & camera). The phone connects to my PC via a USB cable.

It was originally supplied with a 64MB Micro SD card but I have upgraded to a 1GB card recently to hold more music.

My problem is this.

My phone says the card is not formatted - do I want to formatt (y/N)? Press yes, and it says - formatting failed.
Remove card from phone and place in adapter(usb pen drive) and it is recognised by windows and I can formatt it and transfer files to it.

Once files are on the card, I replace it in the phone, turn it off then turn it back on again. The files are then recognized.

If I then connect the phone to the pc via its usb cable the memory card appears as unformatted or is not shown at all.

Is this a card problem, a phone problem or a usb cable problem?

Regards.

Kevin.

Pamy 14:20 11 Dec 2006

as no one else has replied I will set your question in motion and hope you get better expert advise

1) it may be the size of the card is too big.

") it may be the phone formatting is not recognised by computer

3) it may be computer formatting not recognised by phone.

4) it is possible some thing else.

Sorry no advise what to do but sure others will soon

skidzy 16:38 11 Dec 2006

Once the phone is connected to the pc,are you using the phones software to access the card,or are you trying to use windows.

Ive had a similar problem in the past,and had to use the phone software.

kevinjuan 16:53 11 Dec 2006

Hi Pamy, thanks for your response and bumping me back to the top.

Skidzy, you are a star!! Its been there all the time, I just havent looked in the right place.

Its just as you said, not available using windows (my computer) but is there under motorala phone tools. Many thanks for you help.

Resolved!!

skidzy 16:54 11 Dec 2006

No problem Kevin,all the best.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?