MICOSOFT POWERPOINT 2000

wimples 21:06 04 May 2003

I want to use MS Powerpoint 2000 on Windows HE XP. When I click on Organisational Chart I get the following message. "MS Powerpoint can't start the application required to open this object. An error occurred and the feature is no longer functioning properly. Would you like to repair the feature now?" To which I reply Yes. Then after a time I get another message "The server application, source file, or item can't be found, or returned an unknown error. You may neet to reinstall the server application. I am at a lost as to what to do next. Can someone help me Please

leo49 21:10 04 May 2003

Have you tried clicking Help/Detect & Repair....?
Have your Office CD handy in case asked to insert it.

Regards

wimples 21:29 04 May 2003

Hi Leo49

I have tried that and also uninstalled the Office Suite and Reinstalled it and that didn't work either.

VoG™ 10:19 05 May 2003
  wimples 16:02 05 May 2003

VoGT

Thank you very much for the article Microsoft Article 238307. I followed the instructions and reduced the fonts from 700 to 400 and inserted the Organisational chart with no more messages. I really appreciate you taking the time to post this solution. I can now get on with some practise for my forthcoming assessment in Powerpoint.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017