Mic input not working on Mesh

Rosalie86 09:22 22 Feb 2010

Hi everyone, I got myself a new Mesh PC the other week and over the weekend tried to plug a mic into the 'PINK' port on the front of the machine and I tried the back... But there is no input sound...

I,ve checked all the 'Volume control' settings and I notice on the 'Record' setting the Mic input and Line in input are 'Grayed out'....

Any ideas
Thank you.

Graphicool1 09:35 22 Feb 2010

What sound card is it?

I have a Mesh system, my sound card is 'Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum'. There are no coloured in or out jacks. The system came with manuals and discs.

Rosalie86 10:25 22 Feb 2010

5.1 High Definition onboard sound card - 6 channel cinema sound...

Hope this helps!!!

On the front of my machine I have a Pink jack input (MIC) and a green one for headphones.. same on the back..

Thanks

ardubbleyu 11:51 22 Feb 2010

Which operating system? If its Windows 7, then you may need to activate the line in jack. Go to Control Panel > Sound properties and if its greyed out, then try right clicking on it and select enable from the shortcut menu. The levels will no doubt require adjusting asw ell as they only default to 50% or thereabouts.

Graphicool1 12:10 22 Feb 2010

If it didn't come with manual or on-board help and troubleshooting. Then I suggest your best bet is to...
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?