mfc71.dll not found

wingfield 13:16 23 Oct 2007

For some time we have been getting this message when we start up 'application failed to start because mfc71.dll was not found' It also said about Logitray.exe I understand from searching on the net that it's something to do with a program thing but I don't know which one nor can I find a suitable download to get rid of it. I've tried downloading some that purport to get rid of it but they come zipped and when I unzip it says it can't load it as it askes which program to use to oad it. I'm going round in circles.

skidzy 13:21 23 Oct 2007
  skidzy 13:28 23 Oct 2007

As this is a program that is starting when you boot the computer and you do not know which one,i suggest you use MSCONFIG and remove some of the apps that startup with bootup.
Unticking one at a time and reenableing them may diagnose what app is missing the dll.

Start / run and type MSCONFIG and enter,select startup and untick one at at a time and reboot.....leave your av and firewall ticked same goes for any realtime antispyware scanner.

This will take some time,its a matter of elimination unless you can tell us the program that has a missing or corrupt dll.

However you maybe lucky and fix the issue by running sfc,if its a system file (dll) sfc will replace this .

Start / run and type
sfc /scannow
and enter.

Note the space between c and /

Understanding sfc click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017