metadata

jebby7 12:18 28 Aug 2006

I was editing photos recently with Roxio PhotoSuite and noticed when i was finished the date the pics were taken had changed to that days date (18 Aug) from the actual date (7 Aug). Can I change this back again? I believe this is the metadata file. Thanks

LAP 14:17 28 Aug 2006

I have Roxio PhotoSuite 5 is this the same as yours? If so I have never had a problem and I have looked through all the Options etc and there is no mention of metadata files.

Can you give some details. If I can't help at least it'll be ^bumped^

jebby7 14:27 28 Aug 2006

yes I have version 5. If you open with "view & organise" and right click go to properties you will see the metadata (EXIF)file pop up. it is the date details in this that change and also after when you view with Windows Picture Viewer. I like the date to be correct to keep an accurate record of events.

Eric10 14:32 28 Aug 2006

I haven't used this but it seems to do what you want. click here

Eric10 14:37 28 Aug 2006

Or this which isn't freeware but has a free trial version. click here

LAP 15:01 28 Aug 2006

I found what you mentioned.

I copied this of a site:

'Almost all digital cameras store extra information, called metadata, with your pictures. The extra information captured by your camera is called EXIF data, which stands for Exchangeable Image File Format.'

I think this 'extra information' is what camera took the picture/shutter speed/exposure etc. The only time I use "view & organise" is to delete the Albums. So perhaps that is why I have not come across your problem. I do not think this is connected in anyway with 'metadata file'.

jebby7 15:05 28 Aug 2006

thanks Eric exif date changer does the trick although it can only go back one day at a time. the other prog is too confusing unless I give it more time. Cheers

LAP 15:57 28 Aug 2006

Having read your last thread re 'Eric exif date changer' I will watch this thread with interest. Still not convinced!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?