Messed up XP

jimteevan 18:04 09 Jan 2008

My system devices are telling me that, Video Controller, (VGA Compatable), SM Bus Controller, PCI Bridge Device, Multimedia Audio Controller, & My PCI Simple Communications Cotroller are all disabled. The problem is that i can't enable them, or the files are missing. I have system recovery disk, but that does'nt work either, can anyone help.
Ta.

Earthsea 18:09 09 Jan 2008

Tried system restore?

skidzy 18:23 09 Jan 2008

What make and model computer ?

Do you have the motherboard driver and utilities disc,if so run this to install the drivers.

Also check to see if you have a recovery/restore partition,normally tapping F10 or F11 on startup will give you access to three options...if the partition exists.

jimteevan 18:29 09 Jan 2008

Hi there, my pc is an Emachines E3201, system recovery wont work, i also have a system recovery dvd, but its about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, iv tried everything i know, which is not much, so if you can tell me anything that would help, that would be great. Ta

skidzy 18:33 09 Jan 2008

As its an Emachine i would be pretty confident it has the recovery/restore partition.

Restart the computer and continually tap F11 to access the partition.

jimteevan 20:10 09 Jan 2008

tried that, didnt work, wont let me go into factory recondidtion.

skidzy 20:36 09 Jan 2008

Can you explain Jim !

Can you actually get to the restore partition ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?