Messaging Between XP User Accounts

zigzagtoes 11:53 28 Jan 2007

Seeing as XP Home can have multiple User Accounts, is it possible to send messages from one account to another (on ONE pc);

+ without using internet at all to send or recieve messages

+ without needing to have the recieving user logged on, but once recieving user logs on he/she will get the message on screen?

If so, how? what software (if any) is needed.

Additional info.. the pc is switched off when not in use, so having multiple accounts logged on at once is not an option at all.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

mattyc_92 13:55 28 Jan 2007

Suppose you *could* just add a *.txt message in their 'Startup' folder and that file will be opened when they login.

Other than this, I don't think it's possible for ONE machine (domains can however)

SANTOS7 15:45 28 Jan 2007

click here

could leave a word doc. in a shared folder i suppose
that may work..
Have to say i don't really see what this service can offer if you are useing the same machine what possible messages do you need to leave that you could not put on a post-it note..

zigzagtoes 07:01 29 Jan 2007

Post-it notes are the reason I ask, sometimes they dont stick long enough due to room temperature, and the main reason is to use less paper where it isn't necessary.

I'll give the notepad method a try. Thanks for your help.

Jackcoms 16:47 29 Jan 2007

Hold down the Ctrl, Alt and Delete keys at the same time to bring up Windows Task Manager.

In Task Manager click the 'Users' tab and highlight the name of the person you want to send a message to (the person will have to already be logged in to do this).

You will then see a 'Send Message' option at the bottom right of Task Manager.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017