I have several e-mail accounts and use Live Mail (2011) to handle them.
Two of my accounts are associated with my own web-address via 1and 1.co.uk and two are outlook.com ones. When a message is sent to either of the accounts associated with my web address they are received correctly but also appear to be forwarded to one of my outlook accounts.
Thanks again wiz-king, your comments have eventually led me to the solution!.
When trying to test various possibilities for an e-mail handler to replace outlook express, I had set up outlook.com (with an outlook.com address which I also set to receive my old e-mails).
Since then I have been using livemail as my preferred option, and set that up to receive all my e-mails. Thus my old addresses where being directed directly to livemail, and were also showing up on my outlook.com address.
Problem now solved
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.