messageboard/forum

odb 16:10 04 Mar 2004

Hi,

Im wanting to make a messageboard and or forum, my host supports PHP...any good easy to follow tutorials out there you could point me to please??

Thanks

Taran 16:22 04 Mar 2004

This thread click here covers many of the bases already. There are several links in it leading to to other pages and products which should all help to get you off to a good start.

Your host needs to support MySQL as well as PHP for the best results. There are some forum/bulletin board packages that can run from text files but the better products require a MySQL database to write information into and read information out of. PHP produces the web pages from the content in the MySQL database.

D-Frame 20:52 04 Mar 2004

If you want to make a forum (like i am :D) i suggest you get to grips with a guest book first! I made a guestbook and then adapted it to start making a forum :D

Demo Of My Forum (Guest Anomo = Guest Anomonous):
[url=click here]Click here[/url]

MH51 15:05 07 Mar 2004

why dont you try click here its very good any 100% free

jaydeeace 17:18 07 Mar 2004

Or even click here soon to be replaced by click here - I use this currently, with no problems whatsoever :D

jgosden 13:38 08 Mar 2004

or click here yabb forum i have found it excellent and the amount of mods available , its great

odb 13:41 08 Mar 2004

Thanks for the links, appreciate it....i've seen some ok free ones but i personally want it to be 101% customizable

HighTower 16:41 27 Apr 2004

I've used phpBB, and it's been great. All you need is a webhost who will support php and will happily put a mySQL database on your webspace for you and that's it!

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?