Mesh very poor response

keith pbs 14:14 29 Mar 2005

After reading the review in the mag I purchased a Mesh X4. The machine was late but OK. However, without mouse, speakers, wrong keyboard, an extra DVI cable and unidentified parts.

Support ? well, I know some have good and bad experiences BUT when you get a reply email from them saying they cannot handle anymore mail, it's very worrying indeed.
After many phone calls, with no call back, despite several promises.
I was told to put the details it in writing .... I did ask if there was anyone to open the post !!!!
I did write with all the details and a clear request of reasonable action.
I returned the wrong keyboard, with a copy of the letter and have had a call to say they recieved it, but I still have no response to my letter after 2 weeks and had to buy a mouse and keyboard separately to use the PC.
This has to be a word of warning to anyone thinking of a purchase from Mesh.
It's not if there's a problem, its how fast you fix it......... or even respond.

pauldonovan 14:31 29 Mar 2005

..will probably answer this but you can email him at: davey@meshcomputers.com

He is very helpful.

I dare say their email server got full with issues over the easter break. Not ideal.

Mikè 14:31 29 Mar 2005

Two people from Mesh have posted in this thread click here try using the yellow envelope to contact them directly.

keith pbs 15:46 29 Mar 2005

Thanks for that. I've emailed Davey as sugested - I've seen the other thread as well regarding Mesh service.

Unfortunately, it was not the Easter weekend.
My email was sent on Sunday 6th March and I got an auto reply 2 days later saying they couldn't handle it, it was still over a weekend though.
But I was told by telephone not to email them ....

I must say if Dell had a media PC, I think I would have bought it from them.

pj123 16:13 29 Mar 2005

Have you had any response from Davey at Mesh yet?

961 16:24 29 Mar 2005

This post belongs in the Consumerwatch forum for a better response. Perhaps you will post a new thread there

However, assuming this is a new computer, I suggest you e-mail Davey as advised above saying that you require the machine to be fixed without delay failing which you wish to return it for a full refund

If you paid by credit card, advise the card company that you are dissatisfied with the purchase and reserve the right to claim a refund under s75 of the consumer credit act

keith pbs 18:32 29 Mar 2005

I have a reply from Davey who has obviously looked into things.

I have to say the response was prompt, it's a shame that you have to know who to ask to get action.

Thanks to all - I'll post in consumerwatch the final outcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie