Mesh Pentium 3 Laptop

bpzoom 22:16 01 Mar 2006

Got called in to install Globalnet broadband on my bosses spare Mesh pentium III built 2000 and using Windows ME. I could not read the broadband installation software CD as the near total lack of colour and fuzziness rendered the menus invisible. Normal Windows colours on the LCD seem fine. Tried the Glboalnet broadband CD on a nearby desk top and no problem with full colour. Tried an old Tiscali broadband cd and it was just visible though fuzzy and poor colours. Colour images off other CDs are awful, blurred etc.There seem to be no Mesh monitor adjustments permitted within Settings/Display and so on. Is the LCD likely to be knackered or is there any wasy to restore its capabilities? Is the fact it has been stored and unused in very cold winter conditions with only occasional heating for the past 3 months likely to affect the LCD display more than it would a CRT display? It is still usable as a Office processor, but not for graphics unless it can be fixed.

Diodorus Siculus 08:03 02 Mar 2006

Are you sure it is the monitor and not the graphics drivers? Try a different monitor to be sure.

If it's a problem with the graphics, you can get click here SIW to ID the graphics card and download drivers.

MESH Support 09:57 02 Mar 2006

Is it only those two applications that have irregular colours?

You should be able to plug an external monitor into the back of the laptop to test as Diodorus Siculus suggests.

Davey

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?