Mesh PC...Hanging up

paul654 09:48 12 Sep 2003

My new Mesh PC (2 months old) has begun to hang at the 'Windows is shutting down' screen when I switch the PC off at the end of the day. The only way I can switch it off is to cut the power. It only seems to hang when the PC has been on all day and had lots of use.It is a XP3000, 512mb,160Gb HD, ATI 9800 pro graphics.
I have tried to use the 'Mesh help and support centre' Homepage/customer care (email support) but I just keep getting 'Page cannot be found', is there a problem with this Mesh ?
Any ideas on my hangups are welcome especially from any Mesh support folks out there.
Thankyou

JIM 11:04 12 Sep 2003

I do not believe that your problem is due, to your system being a Mesh. If it has just started to happen of late,more than likely it could be some new software or files that have been added or even deleted.

Try a SFC /SCANNOW from the start/run command having your recovery disk at hand,and see if that helps.

If you can point to any changes that you have made of late ,try reversing ,if not do a systems restore to a date that you know was when PC running well.

If by any chance it does not change things you may have to look at IE6 for a repair as the'Page cannot be found'if regular may have a problem.Do try the above first ,then post back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?