mesh matrix xp 2800+ dvx with a7n8x deluxe motherd

nice one 21:31 13 Mar 2008

i this is my first time posting on a forum if you could help me with a few things. thanks in advance.i want to replace the 2 nanya memory sticks. i want to replace them with 1 or 2 gb PC3200 memory. i want to get the right memory sticks and which sockets to put them in. this will be my first time i have never replaced any thing in my pc before my motherboard manual said i can utilize the dual channel feature to enhance performance. but i used the crucial memory scan plus they e-mailed me and told me my motherboard has not got this feature i don't know who is right.thank you.

nice one 21:50 13 Mar 2008

and a few small mistakes.

brundle 23:05 13 Mar 2008

Visit this site click here - run a scan, suitable memory will be recommended. There's also a memory installation guide on the site and included with each order.

brundle 23:07 13 Mar 2008

The lack of dual-channel support is not an obstacle to fitting the memory you have in mind, did Crucial advise if the memory you want is compatible regardless?

johnnyrocker 23:09 13 Mar 2008

poster has already run a crucial scan.

johnny.

brundle 23:16 13 Mar 2008

Yes, that'll teach me to only read half the post at first...

paul€ 23:31 13 Mar 2008

As nice one says. The manual says it has dual channel memory and crucial says it has not.

I would go with the manual, crucial doesn't always get it right.

Totally-braindead 23:34 13 Mar 2008

To find out who is right you need to know the make and model of your motherboard. Then go to the manufacturers website and check out what they say about the motherboard.
You have a motherboard manual which I presume will give you the make and model of your board?

nice one 00:24 14 Mar 2008

yes i went to asus wep site its the same as my manual.

Totally-braindead 00:35 14 Mar 2008

I've manually checked the Crucial website and it does appear according to them that this board does not support dual channel. But I downloaded the manual from ASUS and they say it does support dual channel.

I'm forced to conclude that Crucial are wrong it does support dual channel.

Even if it didn't which I am now sure it does the memory would work fine single channel so just buy it would be my advice.

nice one 04:22 16 Mar 2008

thanks for the reply.when my pc boots up it said dual channel mode. kingston.com said it does support this feature. crucial even went to asus web site and told me it did not i am a forum member of asus. i have seen the online manual it said i do have this feature. so i don't know who is right and who is wrong. i think when you put the memory in sockets 1and3 or 2and3my board only has 3 sockets. the manual said you get the dual channel feature plus which brand of pc 3200 memory is best for my motherboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?