Mesh Matrix 2600+ RD95 or is it?

Buzzly 21:11 31 May 2003

I am interestd in buying the Mesh Matrix 2600+ RD95 as featured in the superbudjet PC section. Does any body know if the one on the Mesh web site is the same as the one featured on the PC adviser website. I ask this because the model on Mesh's website dosent mention the RD95 anywhere.

Yours truly
Stuart Lye

Souffle 10:50 02 Jul 2003

I'd be interested in anyone's comments on this as I'm looking at the same package and identified the same apparent disceprancy.

Cheers.

Big Elf 11:51 02 Jul 2003

It's my understanding that PCs supplied for test by magazines are built specifically to meet particular requirements e.g. superbudget. I think you have to phone the supplier and make a special incantation along the lines of the one that was reviewed in PCA issue number x or by quoting a reference number. I also seem to recall that the price includes delivery. I could however be wrong on one or both points.

Jester2K II 11:57 02 Jul 2003

What would be the point in that? It would be like reviewing a specifically built PC and then trying to judge another PC base on its specs. PCA decides if if falls into a category like Superbudget, not the manufacturer.

The model reviewed in PCA should be an "off the shelf" package available at the time of review. However the market for PCs moves and changes quickly and manufacturers can respond to reviews quickly, so the version reviewed might no longer be available!

Ideally the manufacturer should not know their PC is about to be reviewed!!!

Rebanut 11:57 02 Jul 2003

Well I just checked on the Mesh home page and it is there under the heading "Latest Award Winning PC's", I did phone mesh a few days ago and mentioned this PC and they will supply this as tested by PCA.

hope this helps.

Jester2K II 11:59 02 Jul 2003

This is the one reviewed by PCA and it does mention RD95

click here

Big Elf 12:06 02 Jul 2003

As mentioned I could of course be wrong but I recall reading something about this a few months ago.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?