Mesh graphics Freezing - Help

SHRHAHBH 23:13 01 Mar 2006

I recently purchased (FEB06) a MESH matrix 2 prestige with a 512MB ATI RADEON X1300 PRO GRAPHICS CARD, AMD Athalon 3800+, 250GB Hard Drive,1024 memory etc. Whenever I try to play games the screen just freezes. Helpline suggested updating driver, altering settings etc which I did as per instructions but to no avail, so tower was sent back and the Graphics card replaced. However, with replacement Graphics card same problem arises.

Games which freeze are Call of Duty,No One lives Forever and Land of the Dead Demo (though World Racing 2 demo works).

I would appreciate advice on how to progress as I am very frustrated. Could the monitor be a problem? Is this Graphics card a known problem? Can I reject the machine and get my money back?

Please note I know very little about computers and do not want to open up the tower as I would not know what I was doing and I do not want to invalidate my warranty.

Many thanks for your time.

007al 23:20 01 Mar 2006

Do you know what size(watts) power supply you have in the pc?

SHRHAHBH 23:43 01 Mar 2006

Hi

Not sure of the power supply, but on the invoice it says
MESH MIDI TOWER ATX BLACK/SILVER CASE + 550W PSU

User-312386 23:58 01 Mar 2006

sounds like the card is not up to the job of high end games

MESH Support 09:49 02 Mar 2006

The games you list are quite old (although I don't know World Racing 2) and would have been released prior to the dual core technology you currently have in your PC. Have you checked on the internet for any updates for the games? There is only a few that don't work properly with the new dual core processors but it's worth checking if the ones you have are affected in any way.

Failing that if you email me your Mesh Order number and screen name (SHRHAHBH) to [email protected] I can have an engineer contact you regarding the problem.

Davey

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone