Mesh Computers Advise on upgrade

astra46 15:51 27 Jan 2007

Hi guys

Ive a Mesh pc from December 2002, Athalon 2400xp, 512 meg, 80gb hd, ATI 9700 Graphics Card etc.

Are they easy to upgrade, as in i want to add more memory? How do i open up the case? I know im a bit thick, not even touched it since i had it in December 2002.

Gongoozler 16:09 27 Jan 2007

My experience of Mesh is that they are quite easy to upgrade, although it really depends on what upgrade you want to do. I can't tell you how to get into the case without seeing it. The most common method is to undo the screws holding the side panels at the back of the box, and then sliding the panels to the rear. A few have the side and top panels from one sheet of metal, in which case they will slide backwards and upwards as a single unit.

Greengage 16:33 27 Jan 2007

If your Mesh is anything like mine of similar age, there is a key and handle at rear of casing, unlock this and then use lever type handle down the left side to open and lift out side casing..

astra46 16:39 27 Jan 2007

Yes ive seen the key. Never looked inside yet. Have you upgraded yours then?

Gongoozler 16:56 27 Jan 2007

Run Belarc Advisor click here. This will tell you what motherboard yoou have, and that will give us an idea what upgrades are worthwhile. You have little scope for upgrading the processor, but you can easily add more RAM, a second hard drive and more powerful graphics if you want. You can also fit a DVD rewriter.

Greengage 17:22 27 Jan 2007

Yes - the only original item left is the case, I think!

Greengage 17:24 27 Jan 2007

....and Floppy Disk drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?