Mesh Computers

the duchess 23:44 08 Apr 2007

Does anyone have problems getting hold of Mesh technical?
I have spend 2 days each at 44 mins each trying to get hold of someone, and when I at last contacted a real live person, I told them what I had done to try to get my PC working and he told me all over again what I had just said, and that he would send me an e-mail to show me how to re install Windows using the recovery disc. I said yes I have done all that and it still does not work. He said do what the e-mail says and then ring us back if it does not work. So I did again as the e-mail says and sure the PC still will not load up windows.
Do I really have to go thru all this when I have paid for 3 years Premium warranty. I want an engineer to call.
Anyone else had this frustration with Mesh, they used to be so good.

woodchip 23:49 08 Apr 2007

Cannot tell you anything about Mesh. But do you say that you have used the Recovery disc to put the Computer back to as when you bought it. If so what is happening?

bremner 23:58 08 Apr 2007

Mesh have a presence on this forum in the form of Davey.

He will most likely see this thread and respond.

the duchess 00:07 09 Apr 2007

Hi Woodchip
Firstly PC just rebooted by itself, that was the start of the problem. Then would not go into windows, just went into a loop of rebooting. So I had had enough so put recovery disc in hoping to just F12 and repair anything that needed repairing. But when I got to the screen where it says Press F12 for recovery and repair it just typed F12 all down the page. So I tried to reboot and pushDel button to go into setup to boot from cd. Ha! it would not do this either.
So eventually pghoned Mesh finally got thru and he said to set the PC to boot from CD-Rom. Having said that I can't do this he told me how to go into Boot by pushing del button or F8. I told him neither works, but did it anyway while he was on the phone. Nothing worked that he said. So he then said he would send an e-mail which I can access on my son's PC. I asked what the email would state, and he said it will tell you how to use the recovery disc. I said but we have just tried to do this and failed. He said just read the email and if I can't get it to work then ring back. I said what another 45 mins. I want an engineer to come. He said just read the email and follow it.
So this is what I did and guess what? It stated exactly what we had done over the phone. GGrr.
Are you following this woodchip?

the duchess 00:15 09 Apr 2007

This morning was a fresh start.
I have always bought from Mesh as in the past they have been very good in machine quality and after sales service. This is our 3rd machine now.
I actually managed to get the PC to go into setup and selected boot from CD. Windows is now installed, but when I change the setup back to boot from hard drive it goes wrong again. So now I have to keep the recovery disc in the machine and after the boot sequence it says press any button to boot from CD I leave that and let it go into windows by itself. But I don't get the screen where you can F12 to go into recovery disc to repair anything.

I really would like an engineer to come and sort this PC out but I don't want to spend another 45 mins on phone. I have sent e-mails to [email protected] but it comes back saying it's not monitered.
So have you or anyone else had any progress than me?

thanks

Poitier 10:17 12 Apr 2007

44 mins contact time in line with my experience. Unable to use recovery disc for XP repair as version 1 supplied on the disc is an earlier version than that supplied on the PC. Mesh consider this a'software/third party issue' not covered by warranty. Would appreciate a copy of reinstall e-mail if it relates to version 1 XP disc. Glad I only paid extra for 1yr on site service of the 3yr rtb hardware guarantee.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?