MESH Computer Recovery

schillaci_90 12:56 05 Sep 2006

My MESH PC recently developed a problem, and, under instruction from the MESH software hotline operator, I subsequently re-formatted my hard drive and re-installed Windows XP from the MESH Recovery CD.

Could anyone tell me what I now need to do to get my computer to the same state that it was when it arrived – i.e. where to download drivers, bundled software, etc.

MY specification was (and still is):

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ with HyperTransport Technology
Genuine Windows XP Home Edition
Mini-Tower Micro ATX Case +550W PSU – Black/Silver
ASUS A8N-VM – Nforce 410 PCI-Express Mainboard – Micro ATX
1024MB DDR400 Memory – PC3200 (2x512)
200GB Serial ATA Hard Drive with 8MB Buffer
Sony 16x Dual Layer DVD-Re-Writable +R/-R/RW
256MB nVidia GeForce 6600 LE – TV0-Out + DVI – PCI Express
19” TFT Flat Panel Monitor – DVI & Analogue
DVI Connector Cable
5.1 Channel Surround Sound Audio-SoundMAX (on-board)
Creative Labs SBS260 – Stereo Speakers
Logitech Desktop Keyboard & Optical Mouse
Free Cyberlink Video Editing Suite – 7 titles (oem)
Network Ready integrated 10/100 Ethernet
Classic Warranty – 3 Years Back-to-Base – Parts & Labour

Thanks in advance...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:18 05 Sep 2006

re-installed Windows XP from the MESH Recovery CD.

It should be as factory settings if restore from the recovery disk.

Did you use a recovery disk or an XP CD?

schillaci_90 14:45 06 Sep 2006

I had to format the hard drive, and then reinstall Windows XP from the MESH Recovery CD - not an XP CD.

The drivers for the audio, and a lot of the other hardware, however, weren't re-installed, and they didn't provide any disks - the guy on the hotline said that I needed to download them from links that they would provide me. I've e-mailed them a couple of times, but no response yet...

Just want to know if the performance of my PC is likely to be affected by the re-installation of Windows, and, if so, how to get it back to the same standard as before - anyone have any advice?

terryf 14:51 06 Sep 2006

For the future (and I know it is not much help now) get a usb ext hd and a copy of acronis and backup so that you have an image of your set-up when you have got everything re-installed. Restore from this image and everything will be there without the need to loook for drivers, etc. For even greater benefit, keep ALL your data on a 2nd drive then when you restore, you only restore OS and progs

phil46 14:56 06 Sep 2006

All computers i have used recover as factory when recovery disk is used some computers makes have two disks these install all required drivers,but i have never owned a Mesh if all your recovery disk does is install XP and nothing else then it isn't a recovery disk,time to kick arse with Mesh.

ventanas 15:29 06 Sep 2006

Just as phil46 says, I would be amazed if these files were not supplied on another cd. Are you sure you don't have one hiding somewhere? If not then it is time to kick them. However if yhou go to the Mesh web site and regsister it should be possible to download all you need. Just go to the Support page click here and click on Downloads.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone