MESH computer - no display

aggyaggy 18:36 25 Feb 2006

Hi, I have just received a new PC from MESH yesterday and today the screen went blank with the message 'No Digital Signal' or'No Analogue Signal' Have tried the monitor on another PC & it works fine. I read somewhere here that it was ok to jiggle the graphics card as that could be the problem i.e. dislodged in transit. Cant contact MESH yet as closed 'til Monday....any ideas anyone?

Diodorus Siculus 18:52 25 Feb 2006

I take it that it has worked in the past?

Can you try a different monitor?

You can check to see if the graphics card became dislodged but be sure that the machine is powered off first.

Diodorus Siculus 18:52 25 Feb 2006

What happens when booting up?

aggyaggy 18:53 25 Feb 2006

Yes it was working fine . Its actually my sons. Tried a different monitor and that does not work either.

aggyaggy 18:54 25 Feb 2006

Nothing comes on screen apart from message as above.

malgall 19:29 25 Feb 2006

does the computer bootup ok
if the graphics card is loose if will not bootup

aggyaggy 19:44 25 Feb 2006

Sounds like it could be the graphics card (hopefully). I am not up on the workings of Pc's so will get hubby to check tomorrow,thanks for all your help. Will post tomorrow on result!

aggyaggy 19:45 25 Feb 2006

Oh, yes. sorry, it does not boot up (as in nothing on screen)

MESH Support 10:04 27 Feb 2006

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your new mesh PC.

If you email me your Mesh order number and screen name (aggyaggy) to [email protected] I can have an engineer contact you to offer assistance.

Davey

Hertz Van Rentyl 11:42 27 Feb 2006

Can you boot into safe mode this uses the windows adapter tap F8 keyafter post.

aggyaggy 20:26 27 Feb 2006

Davey, thanks for your offer of assistance but I have contacted MESH today and i need to send tower back...seemed to think it was graphics card problem.Hopefully all will be sorted in the next few days

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017