mesh amd athlon 64 bit sp 2 conflict

albo2004uk 08:52 17 Apr 2005

Hi, can anyone help? i own a mesh computer with a amd athlon 64, ive read that if i install sp 2 it can wreak havock with my computer..i own a sp2 disc but im wary to load it, is there any patches or fixes i should do before i load the disc??

bremner 09:03 17 Apr 2005

Go to the Mesh site and you will find a patch for their 64 bit machines.

Inside Edge 18:54 17 Apr 2005

There is indeed a fix on the MESH website. I tried it just yesterday and things didn't go entirely to plan. My PC is not booting up correctly and I've detailed a request for advice on a separate posting. My advice is back-up comprehensively (I did) and give it a try, as it presumably works 99% of the time, but be ready for some pain if you're in the 1%. At worst you'll be able to restore your back-up.

Good Luck

albo2004uk 21:31 17 Apr 2005

thanks..downloaded the patch from mesh..did exactly wot they said..loaded sp 2 disc..then couldnt open internet explorer, no home page!! no nothing!! spent all afternoon trying eveything to no avail..so uninstalled it..now back to normal???

albo2004uk 21:41 17 Apr 2005

forgot to say, i was connected to the internet at the time (broadband) msn messenger would work and other programmes, just that everytime i clicked on internet explorer nothing happened??

Tenacious Green 21:47 17 Apr 2005

Make sure that after downloading SP2 you download all available windows updates as there have been quite a few since it's release if not already included in your sp2 download/cd-rom.

This may help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?