Merging Outlook Calendars

RobG 14:48 09 Dec 2003

I am running MS Office XP at work and home. I want to be able to take a copy of my work calendar and merge it with my home calendar. Can anyone please suggest how this can be done?

Big Elf 15:00 09 Dec 2003

I haven't tried this for real but you can export the Calendar folder as a 'pst' file and then import it into your home system. I'm not sure whether you'll get the option to merge or overwrite when you do it.

RobG 15:04 09 Dec 2003

That's my concern as well. I don't want to overwrite it but merge them instead, enabling me to fill in both calendars without losing data when I combine the entries. Thanks though.

seancblack 15:07 09 Dec 2003

A good way of doing this would be to export your calendar to excel and then save it on a floppy, you can then import it at home. Not entirely sure of how the calendar would work, but I have done this with contacts and had no problems.

Big Elf 15:08 09 Dec 2003

Do a backup of your 'pst' file before trying it then you can replace it if it goes wrong. I know that when you import a normal mail folder you get various options to overwrite or merge as I did this at work yesterday.

RobG 15:08 09 Dec 2003

Many thanks. I'll give it a go. I can always scrub the calendar and start again if it all goes Pete Tong!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

14 best picture books for children

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017