Menu in a CSS

mjf123 10:24 28 Feb 2008

I have always used FrontPage 2003 and one its templates which allows a left hand “Shared Border” into which I have been able insert a menu, which when saved immediately updates on all pages.

I have been trying to create a small simple site using a CSS template, but every time I add a new page I have to go back and change the menu on every page individually. Is it possible to create a menu in a css that changes right across the whole site?

Be grateful for any help.

Kemistri 12:27 28 Feb 2008

I can only assume that by "shared border", you actually mean a frame: is that the case?

As for style sheets, a site has to be quite large for me to use more than one or two: a site-wide style sheet for common IDs and classes, plus one with specific variations if there are too many to manage in one file. You need to organise your cross-page IDs and/or classes in such a way that one declaration can handle all instances of that particular ID/class and its style requirements.

sheila.weston 20:34 03 Mar 2008

You may get some help from Pat Geary's site at click here, although it is really for Family Historians.
Sheila

CodeMeister 12:40 04 Mar 2008

If you are developing your site in ASP.Net then you can use a Master Page or Web User Control to get around the problem of having to duplicate HTML tags.

A similar effect can be achieved with PHP if you use XSLT templates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?