memory stick not recognised

Les53 10:56 08 Feb 2009

I have 2 identical memory sticks which were both working ok.
For some reason one is recognised as been a raw disk, i have tried it on other pcs, on a laptop it listed with a floppy drive, but there is no floopy drive in the laptop any ideas?
it only a few week old, i wouldn't return it to 7day shop as it has lots of personal info on it including passwords etc

Andsome 11:11 08 Feb 2009

When you first removed it from the computer did you just simply pull it out, or did you go through the proper dismount procedure?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:35 08 Feb 2009

error on track zero, ther is not much chance of retrieving the data ut the drive might be reuseable.

Download "fat32format.exe" & paste in system32 folder. then from command prompt c:\fat32format <path of removable media>.

you can download from "click here".

Les53 11:55 08 Feb 2009

yea i did just pull the stick out cause i have two the same i picked up the wrong one, dumb i know.
So the A is the floppy and the E is the drive i need to format.
i have downloaded the file as suggested, what is the correct path for the E drive after c:\fat32format

Les53 12:07 08 Feb 2009

i used the disk management within windows formatted to fat 32, done cheers

Andsome 20:41 08 Feb 2009

To remove a memory stick NEVER EVER just simply pull it out. When one is in the computer there will be a very small icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Double click on that icon and a window will appear. Highlight the memory stick in the window and click on STOP, another windows will appear showing a list of memory devices . Click on the one in question to highlight it and select close. When permission is given you can safely remove it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?