Memory speed problem

Grassington 09:17 28 Feb 2007

Thanks to great advice from this forum I now have my new, large hard drive fitted.
I installed 2GB of Corsair XMS PC3200 to replace my previous PC2100 512 MB RAM (Seitec). My mobo is an Albatron PX845PEV Pro, bought in 2003. To get the original memory to run at 333MHz I was advised by Albatron to change the CPU Host frequency in the bios to 2.5 GHz (125 x 20). Albatron (and Crucial) say that my mobo will support the PC3200 and will allow it to run at 400MHz by overclocking. If I leave my CPU host frequency at 2.5 GHz my machine boots up fully, then says it needs to send an error report, then reboots continually. If I change the CPU host frequency (DEC?) in the bios to 150 to show the memory speed at 400MHz, the machine will not boot. The memory shows correctly in my computer, properties correctly at 2.0 GB. Has anyone any thoughts or advice for how to get the PC3200 memeory to run at 400 MHz?? It's all a bit beyond me!!
Cheers
Steve

terryf 11:00 28 Feb 2007

I suggest leave well alone, I am not a fan of overclocking, I tried it on my machine Intel core Duo 6600 2.4 and noted that the chip temp went up, cooling fan was working harder and became audible instead of quietly working away in the background. However others may have different opinions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?