Memory limits on Windows ME

JugglingGeoff 14:20 31 Mar 2004

Hi, is it possible to run Windows ME on a system with more than 512megabytes of memory? does anyone know a workaround for these limitations.

Thanks

Geoff

nyleridedog 14:26 31 Mar 2004

Hi geoff

I have 512 in my win me system1
I ve never heard of windows me not being able to handle over that!

Have you been informed that this is not possible?

cheers

Old Shep 14:44 31 Mar 2004

Think it depends more on your system than ME try here it might tell you something.click here

JugglingGeoff 14:53 31 Mar 2004

Thanks to all for your quick responses

I was told that windows ME had restrictions on it's memory, my problem is I have just upgraded my machine to a P4 3.0g (800fsb) and thought I would go the whole hog and fitted 1.0 gig DDR 400 I will have to wait for spare cash to upgrade to win XP which can address it.

If I try to run some of the freebies that came with the Asus geforce 5700 8*AGP card the system locks up! with a white screen, take out one of the memory modules and whalla it all works perfectly. the only thing then is the memory only runs on single channel. I was informed it's something to do with the AGP graphics card and Windows fighting for addresses.

JugglingGeoff 15:11 31 Mar 2004

Thanks to all of you for your responses, you have given me something to try when I can get back to my own computer. I am sure that with your help I can now workaround the problem.

thanks again

Geoff

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?