Memory card reader problem

kezmicdust 00:40 23 Jan 2007

Hi there,

I have a problem with my girlfriend's computer. Basically, I thought it would be a good idea to "safely remove USB Mass Storage Device - Drives(E:, F:, G:, J:)" before taking the SD card out of her built multipurpose memory card reader. However, it appears that not only will the PC not read any SD cards anymore, the "drives" are nowhere to be found on her computer anymore!

I hope this is an easy and common problem, but I can't find anything online that specifically solves this problem. Any ideas of how to get the drives back? I fear that I've completely removed them from her computer!

PS. I tried the "search forum" tool to find other threads on the same topic, but it's not working for me! Sorry if this has been posted before.

brundle 00:41 23 Jan 2007

Assuming XP - TweakUI (click here), see if the drives are unticked in My Computer/Drives

Belatucadrus 01:00 23 Jan 2007

Reboot the PC, it'll find them again. While Safely Remove Hardware works OK for USB sticks, as you've found use it on card readers and it assumes you want to remove the reader not the card.

kezmicdust 13:14 23 Jan 2007

Thanks - reboot worked!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?