Memory card not recognized

Creditman 21:30 23 May 2005

Ref.my previous thread, problem is still unsolved. Memory card containing images is attached to card reader on USB cable,but computer tells me to insert disc into E Drive. According to my computer the E drive is working properly. When I look at Properties of the DCIM folder no files or folders show up & sometimes another message says "E drive not accessible. Parameter is inaccurate". I have tried using different USB ports - no good. But when I took the cable, card reader & card into Dixons, it all worked fine on their pc.I also tried to copy a photo from My Pictures to the E Drive, but the message was "cannot copy.....the parameter is incorrect". Until about a month ago I did not have this problem ! I have run out of ideas - can anyone help please ? Thanks.

pj123 21:36 23 May 2005

Give us a link to the previous thread?

Technotiger 21:46 23 May 2005

Hi, how many diff type of cards will your reader handle - if several, then try Drive H or Drive I
depending on how many other Drives CDROM etc that you have.

Cheers.

Technotiger 21:48 23 May 2005

or - try connecting camera to usb and download pics direct from camera.

Creditman 22:01 23 May 2005

Previous thread - "Cannot upload imaged from memory card" May 15. Card reader only takes the SD card & I have no other drive to try it on. Yes, I can upload direct from camera but this is not so convenient.

VoG II 22:04 23 May 2005

A click here link would help as we cannot get back that far.

Technotiger 22:10 23 May 2005

Me again - maybe this is what you need?

click here

Technotiger 22:12 23 May 2005
  Creditman 22:29 23 May 2005

Thanks Technotiger - how do you create that link ?

Technotiger 22:34 23 May 2005

to create link - open your previous Thread - then Highlight url address and then go to Edit and click on Copy. Then return to this Thread and in this box - right-click and click on Paste.

Then when you Post response the url will show up as a blue click-here.

Cheeers.

Technotiger 22:36 23 May 2005

ps have a go yourself within this Thread

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?