Memorising Resized Windows.

dogbreath1 17:12 07 Feb 2006

Win XP SP2. Is it possible to have Windows remember the size of a non-full page window when it is shut down?

My Program Files folder is launched in such a window and I drag the window to a larger size to display all folders without the need to scroll. Unfortunately, on relaunch, Program Files doesn't remember this setting.

It's not even a minor irritation really but I am curious to find out whether what I am trying to do is possible.

Thanks in anticipation. db.

SANTOS7 17:15 07 Feb 2006

When it is dragged to full size select file>close next time it opens it should be full size......

johnnyrocker 17:15 07 Feb 2006

try opening it drag to required size and close with alt F4 see if that sorts it.

johnny.

dogbreath1 18:13 07 Feb 2006

Tried it. Didn't work. Thanks for trying. db.

dogbreath1 18:14 07 Feb 2006

Tried it. Didn't work. Thanks for trying. db.

keith-236785 19:17 07 Feb 2006

drag to the size you want then press and hold ctrl and click the X to close the window. the window will then open the size you want next time.

dogbreath1 20:04 07 Feb 2006

I've just tried your suggestion with a Program Files window and it didn't work. Any more clues, you guys?

dogbreath1 11:08 08 Feb 2006

One last bump.

SANTOS7 11:17 08 Feb 2006

mine did exactly the same because "my computer" was not opening to a full page i used method i suggested earlier did it to both pages now both My comp and prog files open to full size.........

dogbreath1 11:31 08 Feb 2006

Thanks for getting back. I don't want a full page window, just a part page window that is bigger than the default setting. For example, if you resize the Crap Cleaner part page window by dragging it to a preferred size, it remembers that setting when it is next launched. Unfortunately, my Program Files folder will not do the same. Hope that better explains what I'm trying to acieve.

SANTOS7 11:35 08 Feb 2006

I do now,but i'm not sure if you can, i can do a bit of digging for you.........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?