Medion pc trouble

tonymcdonn 15:22 31 Aug 2007

In February 2007 I bought a Medion PC from an Aldi store. Two months after I bought it, it stopped working. I rang Medion and it took three weeks to get the motherboard replaced. Last Sunday night it packed in again. This time they came to the conclusion it was the power pack.
They said it would be two to three working days after receiving proof of purchase before they will send an engineer out.I emailed them the receipt and waited the three days I rang them yesterday and they now tell me it will be another two or three days after they process the receipt. When I asked them when this would be they, they couldn't tell me Up to now it's been over a week without my PC. I am thinking of taking it back to Aldi and asking for my money back as it's not twelve months old yet. Will I be in my rights to do this? When I asked the engineer about doing this he said that my contract was with Medion and not Aldi. Has anyone any advise on this please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:42 31 Aug 2007

The computer was sold to you by Aldi and was "fit for use" you used it for a while before it failed.

Medion have honoured their guarantee by replacing the failed part, unfortunately another part has failed but again Medion will replace and are therefore again honouring their guarantee.

You would expect then to give you a "reasonable service" but you also need to give them a reasonable length of time to undertake the repair.

I don't think a week is unreasonable, however if you have not heard anything by the end of the second week then it is reasonable to be a little more forceful in asking exactly when it will be repaired.

You are likely to be better off being firm and reasonable rather than demanding and confrontationable.

I think you have ben very unlucky to have two failures with a Medion as they are very good machines.

Dipso 17:21 31 Aug 2007

Aldi have a 28 days return policy now, after that it seems it's between you and the manufacturer.

Asking for proof of purchase must be a new thing, I have never been asked. Give them time, I don't think a week is unreasonable.

jakimo 17:40 31 Aug 2007

Unless stated otherwise in the small print when you registered your PC,your contract is legally with Aldi,thats not to say that dealing direct with Medion would be the better option.

Quiet Life 18:54 31 Aug 2007

Two repairs is bad luck. I had trouble with a Targa PC from Lidl and told Targa if they did not fix it third time it was going back to Lidl as not fit for the purpose. Targa said that Lidl would not take it back without their permission but the machine was faulty and Lidl refunded without any trouble even though the machine was over six months old. Aldi like Lidl are good fims and as the sellers they are primary responsible and value their reputation. Which is more than I could say for Targa.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?