Medion MIM2080 notebook won't boot up

dannispur 12:07 06 Oct 2007

I have a 2 year old model(out of warranty), which has developed a fault where it appears that the lid is shut when it is open and so wont boot up. When you switch it on, the disc light flashes once (occasionally it will stay on) and the power light comes on. If the external drive is plugged in, this is powered up. Sometimes it will start up sometimes not. You then have to hold down the power button to switch it off and try again. I have tried opening the sreen at different angles, this doesn't seem to make a difference. Does anyone know how the thing detects if it is open or closed. I have had a bit of a look around inside it, but it isn't obvious how it does it. I am suspicious that the fault could be somewhere else(disc?) as quite often when the thing has been off for a while and you first switch it on it will start up (it may be that moving it around is making or breaking a contact somewhere, although moving it around when it is on never seems to break it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Karakorum 15:33 06 Oct 2007

There should be a little peg/post up near the hinge which pops up when the lid is opened. It may be stuck down.
Have a look and see if you can free it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?