Medion MDPNA100 - NO GPS

loser7 16:45 27 Apr 2008

Hello all

I borrowed a PDA (Medion MDPNA100) from a relative to use the GPS and although the GPS settings are there i can not get the program started.
If i select START > PROGRAMS GPS is not there. There is a GPS icon on the bottom right hand side of the screen but when i select this it tells me GPS is activated but it is obviously not. There is also two buttons on the pda to activate GPS but i get no reaction when i push them. I have been told that if i take it to halfords store (where it was bought) they can quickly fix this problem for a small fee in a matter of minutes, but i would like to do it myself as i believe it is something simple i am missing. Could anyone give advise? Thanks.

anchor 08:13 28 Apr 2008

You could call telephone Medion support

0870 727 0370

Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 8:00pm

"Please have the model and serial number of your product at hand when you call. This will help in finding a quick solution to your problem".

compumac 08:28 28 Apr 2008

I have a medion MD9500 with GPS. The battery had run down and the SatNav programme was missing. I went to Start/Programmes and found that Medion Navigator was not there. I therefore went to File Explorer and selected Storage card and \Medion Navigator was there a a cab file. Clicking on that installed the programme onto theunit. Perhaps yours is the same.

loser7 18:49 28 Apr 2008

Thank you both.
compumac that was spot on. Problem sorted.

compumac 18:51 28 Apr 2008

Pleased to be of help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?